About US - Eco Friendly | Fun One of a Kind Designs | Custom and Personalizable
Starcove mission: We love all life, our planet and our oceans. We design fun one-of-a-kind apparel, accessories and home goods to make you look great and express yourself. We are eco-friendly and offer customizations and personalizations. We also have a special Save Our Oceans collections where we give 10% back of all sales to help save our oceans.
My name is Filip and I started Starcove because I believe there is a better way to fashion:
1. Fun one of a kind designs that celebrate life's little pleasures. We like to combine style with a sense of humor. I find most clothing too boring and want to offer an alternative with more inspirational and colorful designs.
2. More design choices so you can really find what is truly for you. We handcraft each order so that allow us to offer more designs.
3. Create awareness and give back to save our oceans. I am concerned about what is going on in the world and want to provide a positive message in our lives, our planet and our oceans.
The inspiration for my creativity is my 92 year old grandmother. She is a highly multi-skilled creator and has a long history of tailoring, sculpting, painting and a wide range of crafts with amazing results.
We love the beach, our oceans and marine live
We give back
We also want to inspire to make more people aware about the trouble our planet and oceans are in. We have specific designs to bring an inspirational message to take action to protect our environment.
We donate 10% of sales of our Save the Oceans collection to Oceana. They are a well-renowned organization dedicated to preserving and protecting our oceans. Here is a screenshot of one of our latest donation to Oceana:
Oceana's message when you donate on how they use the funds
With the support of more than 850,000 activists like you, we have already protected over 4.5 million square miles of ocean and innumerable sea turtles, sharks, dolphins, and other sea creatures – but there is still more to be done.
Support our work to protect the oceans by giving today. With your help, we can protect marine life and habitats.
Nine ways we are eco and environmental friendly
All our clothes are made to order. We therefore completely avoid over production, waste and never have to destroy unsold inventory. We only produce once we receive an order and have been working hard on getting our turnaround times faster as well as broadening our assortment.
We use water-based eco friendly inks for all our prints
We have dedicated designs to create awareness around environmental issues especially around the problems our oceans face as well as climate change.
we give a portion back of certain collections to organizations that help save our oceans
We offer organic cotton and fabrics made from recycled plastic bottles. These fabrics are certified to ensure the full supply chain is environmental coherent. All of our designs can be printed on eco friendly organic / recycled fabrics upon requests.
Because we produce made to order we offer customizations of all our items. This allows for more personalized designs which will likely be worn longer.
- Most of our production is in the USA and only from ethical suppliers. We only source products and fabrics from ethical suppliers that comply to labor, environmental, and safety standards. Each of our partners have extensive environmental programs in place. In addition most of our partners can be visited and are very transparent on their environmental efforts. By producing in the US, our partners have to adhere to clear regulation and certifications.
- We enable our supply chain with advanced technology to ensure a broad choice of products while producing on order and keeping our turnaround time reasonable. We can also allow order updates such as address changes prior to producing your item which reduces returns.
- We work only with WRAP certified partners. WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) is a globally recognized, independent 3rd party certifying body whose mission is to promote ethical, humane and lawful conditions and practices in all manufacturing facilities.
The Starfish Story - Make a Difference
Our name STARCOVE was inspired by the Starfish story.
One day, an old man was walking along a beach that was littered with thousands of starfish that had been washed ashore by the high tide. As he walked he came upon a young boy who was eagerly throwing the starfish back into the ocean, one by one.
Puzzled, the man looked at the boy and asked what he was doing. Without looking up from his task, the boy simply replied, “I’m saving these starfish, Sir.”
The old man chuckled aloud, “Son, there are thousands of starfish and only one of you. What difference can you make?”
The boy picked up a starfish, gently tossed it into the water and turning to the man, said, “I made a difference to that one!”
With this story in mind we like to focus on three things:
1) Being kind and eco-friendly
2) Hand crafting our items
3) Bring a personal approach
I hope you like our approach.
Owner and creative designer