Decide for yourself if you think our blue planet is worth saving:
- Cover 71% of our planet
- Produce 70% of our oxygen
- Power our climate and are a critical part of the biosphere
- Absorb an enormous amount of carbon dioxide
- Are home to over 100 million species
- Are essential to food security and the health and survival of all life
No matter if you have never cast your eyes upon the blue heart of our planet, there is no escaping the oceans – they influence everyone and everyone influences the oceans. We are collectively responsible for their health and in turn – our health.
The oceans celebrate diversity. Safe, healthy and productive seas and oceans are integral to human well-being, economic security and sustainable development.